Visibility For the Virtually Shy and Non-Salesy Business Person
I’ve written a three-part series listing ways you’re not being seen online!
It’s all about content marketing and how using your words can get you seen to the kind of clients you dream about.
These are some of the roadblocks we put in our own way to stop us from feeling free to write to the world, to attract wonderful paying clients to us – so we don’t have to do horrible cold calls with icky sales pitches.
The first step to growing our business, is to know where we are going wrong! So have a read of the first seven reasons I’ve determined people are not fulfilling their potential with their business.
- You don’t know what you’re saying, so you go “blah, blah”, “something, something” in every post. You don’t want to sell to people, so you don’t have a call to action on anything you publish. People may read that, but they don’t deeply connect with it and they won’t make the connection to buy from you.
- You think you can’t write. So, you don’t… If you don’t write, you can’t be seen through content marketing.
- Your writing has no purpose. You write some stuff but there’s no strategy behind it. It’s fluff!
- You don’t know the importance of content marketing. So, you don’t use it to its full potential. Therefore, you’re not being seen by the people you want to love you.
- You don’t prioritise blog and post writing. You know it’s a thing and maybe you should do it but you’re not sure of how important it is… so you ignore it and then miss plenty of opportunities.
- You’re not sure how the online stuff works. Your head’s in the sand about it and instead of finding help or a giving yourself time to learn, you just don’t go there.
- Your message isn’t clear. You talk about 10 different things a week. There’s no clarity and it feels like a jumbly mess. In which case your followers are confused and switching off.